Snap testing paid subscription called ‘Snapchat Plus’
- Snapchat is doing internal tests of a paid subscription called ‘Snapchat Plus’.
- This will give users early access to features and other abilities.
- An app researcher revealed that features include being able to pin one of your friends as your “#1 BFF” and see who rewatches your stories.
- This follows Telegram’s premium subscription service being announced earlier this month.
- Check out Snapchat on our Safety Centre and our new article on Telegram!
- You can read the full story on the Verge
TikTok launches limited test of new viewer history display
- TikTok have launched a test of its new ‘post view history’ option.
- This will enable users to see who among their followers has viewed their TikTok clips.
- This only occurs if viewers opt-in to letting their activity be tracked.
- You can read the full story on the Social Media Today’s website.
Discord gets autonomous moderation tool
- Discord has announced a new autonomous moderation tool called AutoMod.
- This is directly built into the platform to take the strain off human moderators.
- AutoMod can scan servers for select words and phrases, and automatically block and time out users.
- Alongside their new launch of AutoMod, Discord have also introduced paid subscriptions with new features.
- You can read the full story on the Verge website.