Twitter to recommend third-party apps for preventing harassment
- Twitter is testing recommending third-party moderation apps for help in preventing harassment on the platform.
- These apps would act as an additional measure users can take on top of the app’s built-in tools.
- This feature will prompt users with a list of recommended apps when they block or mute another person on Twitter.
- You can read the full story on the Engadget website.
Snapchat adds 13 million more users in Q1
- Snapchat has reported a steady increase in users and revenue on the platform – reaching 13 million daily active users in Q1 of 2022.
- This takes their userbase up to 332 million daily active users.
- For tips on Snapchat’s safety functions, check out our Safety Card.
- You can read the full story on Social Media Today’s website.
‘Among Us VR’ will arrive later this year
- Among Us VR is coming later this year to the Meta Quest 2, Rift and S, Steam VR and PlayStation VR.
- This version will change gameplay to a first-person perspective but keep the core mechanics of the game the same such as tasks, voting and imposters.
- To find out more about – Among Us and Virtual Reality (VR), check out our articles.
- You can read the full story on the Engadget
Almost one referral per day made by NSPCC to agencies
- More than 300 cases of suspected child abuse and neglect were referred by the NSPCC to the PSNI and other agencies in Northern Ireland last year.
- This equates to around 1 referral per day.
- Neglect was the most common reason for referrals, with 132 being made.
- The Independent Review of the Children’s Social Care system in Northern Ireland presents an opportunity to address failings identified in the system.
- You can read the full story on the ITV’s website.