Instagram is testing new options for Stories replies
- Instagram is testing new options to reply to Stories.
- According to software testers, users will be able to reply to Stories with voice messages or images.
- Additionally, a feature that will let users share posts using QR codes is reportedly also in the works.
- You can read the full story on Business Today’s website.
TikTok is testing a ‘Watch History’ feature
- TikTok is reportedly testing a ‘Watch History’ feature which would give users the ability to browse through a list of videos they’ve previously watched on the app.
- No details on the feature or its release date have been officially announced by TikTok.
- For more information on staying safe on TikTok, check out our safety card.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
Boys and girls feel negative effects of social media at different ages
- According to research by the Oxford Internet Institute, girls are vulnerable to the negative effects of social media use at a younger age than boys.
- Girls experience effects like bullying, body dysmorphia and anxiety between the ages of 11 and 13 while boys experience them between the ages of 14 and 15.
- The study also suggested that girls aged 11 to 13 and boys aged 14 to 15, who increased their use of social media, had lower life satisfaction after 12 months.
- You can read the full story on The Guardian’s website.
Ofcom recruits ex-PSNI officer
- Karen Baxter, a former PSNI officer who specialised in economic crime, has been appointed the first Ofcom board member for Northern Ireland.
- She retired from policing in 2020 after a 30-year career.
- Baxter also previously acted as police executive lead for cyber-crime prevention addressing the emerging risks in the online space.
- You can read the full story on Belfast Telegraph’s website.