Twitch’s new policy will ban ‘harmful misinformation super spreaders’
- Twitch will ban users who repeatedly spread harmful misinformation on the platform.
- The policy
- Topics covered in the ban include false information about COVID-19 vaccines and harmful health misinformation.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
UK justice system risks causing fresh trauma to women and girls
- A study has found that vulnerable young women and girls with previous experiences of abuse and violence are at risk of re-traumatisation in the criminal justice system.
- The Young Women’s Justice Project report urges that action must be taken to break the “cycle of abuse, inequality and offending”.
- The report also shows that girls in custody self-harm at a higher rate than boys and 63% of girls aged 16 to 24 have experienced rape or domestic abuse.
- You can read the full story on The Guardian’s website.
Young girl returned after kidnapping by man she met on Roblox
- A 13-year-old girl in the US has been returned home safely after she was allegedly kidnapped by a man she met through children’s app Roblox.
- Police believe the girl was sexually assaulted “many times”.
- The man convinced the young girl to leave her home after two days of speaking on the platform.
- You can read the full story on BBC’s website.
Education bodies unite against integrated bill
- An Integrated Education Bill for Northern Ireland is facing opposition from five representative governing bodies in education.
- The bill seeks to set minimum targets for the number of children being educated in integrated schools and to provide dedicated funding for the sector.
- The bill could be subject to a Petition of Concern if enough MLAs sign up to block the passage at the final stage.
- You can read the full story on Belfast Telegraph’s website.