Facebook update introduces warning for screenshots on Messenger
- Mark Zuckerberg has reminded Messenger users to not screenshot conversations on Messenger.
- A future update to end-to-end encrypted chats will notify users if their disappearing messages are screenshotted.
- The update will apply to Instagram as it is also owned by parent company, Meta.
- You can read the full story through The Independent.
EA no longer “driving hard” on NFTs for their games
- Electronic Arts’ (EA) CEO Andrew Wilson has pulled back on the company’s position on NFTs, after previously calling them the “future”.
- EA has not yet implemented NFTs into their games, but multiple other companies have attempted to.
- If you are not familiar with NFTs, they are non-fungible tokens – these are unique digital assets that hold value.
- You can find out more about NFTs in our NFT article.
- You can read the full story through NME.
TikTok and YouTube have the most data trackers
- A report by atlasVPN showed that TikTok and YouTube have the most trackers online.
- Trackers allow ad services to follow users online and learn their browsing habits.
- TikTok and YouTube have 14 trackers each, but 13 of TikTok’s trackers are third-party contacts – meaning it is unclear what user data is being shared.
- You can read the full story through the atlasVPN website.
Children in care homes ‘seen as criminals not victims’
- The Independent Children’s Home Association (ICHA) claims that children in care are often treated as criminals rather than victims in society.
- Applications to build new care homes are regularly met with hostility by nearby residents.
- Residential homes are an important part of children’s social care, as the number of foster families is not keeping up with demands.
- You can read the full story through the BBC.