More than one in 10 young people in Britain exposed to online child sexual abuse
- Data from the Internet Watch Foundation has found that one in 10 young people have been exposed to online child sexual abuse material.
- 14% of young people aged 18-24 came into contact with or stumbled across websites showing child sexual abuse images or videos.
- In addition, 6% of adults surveyed reported having been exposed to images or videos.
- To read more, go to the IWF’s website.
Lensa AI making NSFW images
- Lensa has been climbing the app store leader boards with its avatar generating AI.
- Tech Crunch has revealed that it is also being used to generate non-consensual soft porn.
- They found photo sets generated using the Lensa app, showing intimate areas on the faces of recognisable people.
- Lensa claim that if a user tries to generate NSFW images, the app might implement a tool to prevent this from happening.
- To find out more, go to the TechCrunch’s website.
Shortage of penicillin reported as Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children postpones elective surgery amid Strep A spike
- Pharmacists in Northern Ireland are reporting a severe shortage of antibiotics amid a rise in Strep A infections across the region.
- Family doctors have received a large volume of calls from concerned parents following the death of a five-year-old girl from west Belfast who died of an illness linked to the bacterial infection.
- The Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children (RBHSC) have paused all elective surgery as a result of “significant pressures” on the system.
- For more on this story, please visit the Belfast Telegraph’s website.