Pinterest announces new partnership with Headspace ahead of World Mental Health Day
- The platform will make a range of additional stress-relief and management tools available to users in the app.
- Pinterest says that it’s aim is to support creators by ‘integrating wellbeing practices into their everyday lives through Headspace’s library of premium mindfulness content’
- In 2021, a report from the New York Times showed the rising number of online creators experiencing burnout.
- For more on this, please visit the Social Media Today website.
Facebook warns 1 million users whose logins were stolen by scam mobile apps
- The company says Apple and Google have removed scam mobile apps from their stores, but they shouldn’t have been there in the first place
- Meta have identified around 400 malicious apps, which have been disguised as games, photo editors and apps with other functions.
- These apps may ask for users to ‘login’ or link to their Facebook accounts – if they did, the developers were able to steal their account details.
- For more on this story, please visit the Verge website.
School meals industry ‘on its knees’ faced with shortages and rising costs
- A new survey suggests that the quality of school meals is quickly deteriorating due to shortages and the cost of living crisis.
- School meal providers have said they are being forced to cut back on the quality of food, often using processed foods and poor-quality meats.
- One headteacher reported that colleagues were considering only serving cold foods in order to cut down on price, as opposed to the traditional hot meals that children are accustomed to.
- For more on this story, visit the Independent website.