School nursing affected by rise in eating disorders
- Latest data from NHS Digital shows the number of children and young people in England who urgently need eating disorder support has increased by 333% in six years.
- During the first quarter of 2022-23, 230 children and young people in urgent need were on a waiting list. 102 of them waiting more than 12 weeks.
- The Chief Executive of the School and Public Health Nurses Association has said that before Covid-19 nurses were already ‘at crisis point’ but the pandemic led to a “tsunami” of mental health, safeguarding and child protection issues.
- For more on this story, visit the Nursing Times website.
Families with disabled children ‘struggling to survive’ in cost-of-living crisis
- A survey has found that 9 in 10 families with a disabled child are struggling or falling behind on their regular household bills.
- Conducted by the Family Fund, the survey found that 54% of parents and carers reported skipping or cutting the size of their meals in order to afford essentials for their disabled children.
- 83% of families with a disabled child are in debt, with 40% reported that they will not be able to afford heating during the winter months.
- For more on this, please visit the Belfast Telegraph website.
Twitter tests new Tweet view count
- The social media platform has launched a public test of a new ‘Views’ count feature, in which users can see the amount of times their Tweet has been seen.
- This is technically not a new feature, as users could already view their tweet impression via analytics.
- However, there are concerns about how this new feature will affect self-esteem of users.
- For more on this feature, visit the Social Media Today website.