Cybercriminals targeting games popular with young people
- Statistics from Kaspersky research has found the most widespread malware strains were found with some of the biggest games on PC and mobile.
- Between July 2021 and June 2022, they found a total of 384,224 users had an experience with gaming-related malware.
- Over 91,000 found copies of popular games hosted unwanted applications.
- Minecraft was the most popular bait used in malicious files.
- You can read the full story on the Register’s website.
Instagram confirms it is testing a ‘Repost’ feature
- Instagram is testing a new Repost option.
- This would allow users to amplify any post by re-sharing it to their followers in the app.
- This will be quite like the retweet feature on Twitter, but essentially for Instagram feed posts.
- Find out more about this repost feature on the Social Media Today website.
Schools to stay open after the death of the Queen
- Schools are currently set to remain open following the death of the Queen with guidance being given to headteachers by the Department for Education.
- The government wants schools to remain open for the majority of the mourning period.
- However, the country will be expected to take a day off in remembrance of the Queen.
- You can read the full story on the Mirror’s website.