Children ‘safer online now than a year ago’
- The Information Commissioner has said children online are better protected than they were a year ago.
- This comes after they marked the first anniversary of the Age-Appropriate Design Code.
- The Children’s Code put in new data protection measures for online services which may be accessed by children.
- Read more about the Age-Appropriate Design Code on the Independent’s website.
Twitter launches testing of tweet editing
- Today, Twitter has launched the first stage of live testing for tweet editing.
- Edited tweets will include a note at the bottom to say the tweet has been edited.
- All users are able to access the tweet edit history by selecting the pencil icon.
- The testing will be expanded to Twitter Blue subscribers ‘in the coming weeks’.
- Find out more on Social Media Today’s website.
Microsoft confirms new XBox Game Pass Friends and Family plan
- Microsoft has confirmed their plans to release an XBox Game Pass Friends and Family.
- Pricing has been released in Ireland at €21.99, but there is no confirmed pricing for the UK.
- The new plan will allow five friends or family members to benefit from playing games.
- Read more on the Verge’s website.