Study finds that children are more honest about mental health when talking to robot
- A team from the University of Cambridge found that children aged 8-13 felt more comfortable talking about mental health with a child sized robot.
- Children disclosed more information to the Nao Robot than they did to their parents during the study.
- Whilst the study revealed that children show positive attitudes to interactive technology, the team did not suggest that robots replace medical professionals.
- For more on this story, visit the Guardian website.
Twitter’s systems cannot accurately detect child sexual exploitation, according to report
- Twitter’s attempt to monetise adult content on the platform has been halted.
- An investigation revealed that Twitter cannot accurately detect child sexual exploitation or non-consensual nudity at scale on the platform.
- The social media platform lacks the tools to verify the age of creators and consumers of adult content.
- Visit the Independent website for more information.
One-click account hacking found on TikTok
- A vulnerability on TikTok for android can let hackers take over any account through one click.
- The bug was found by Microsoft’s 365 Defender Research Team, and TikTok was notified immediately.
- The fault has since been patched, but this acts as a reminder to never click on a link that you are unsure of.
- For more on this, please visit the Verge website.