New WhatsApp feature allows users to secretly leave groups
- A new feature that allows WhatsApp users to leave group chats without other users noticing is in beta testing.
- There is no confirmed date of its release, but users may have early access of it by becoming a ‘Beta Tester’.
- For more on this story, go to the MyLondon website.
Snap Maps release new ‘Meet Up’ feature
- Young people and parents have taken to social media to voice concerns over this new Snapchat feature.
- The ‘Meet Up’ features allows users to get precise directions to another locations personal location, including their full home address.
- This feature links to third party platforms, such as Google and Apple Maps.
- For more information, go to our article on this new feature at the Ineqe website.
Mental health difficulties are impacting almost half of UK university students
- In a survey by charity Humen, nearly half of UK university students feel that their mental health difficulties are impacting their university experience.
- Research showed 57% of students have used mental health services provided by their university.
- Only 4% of staff received ‘adequate training’ in dealing with student’s mental health difficulties.
- For more on this story, visit the BBC website.
Student requests for hardship funding tripled over the Pandemic
- The number of students applying for emergency funds nearly tripled between 2018-2019 and 2020-21 at 95 universities.
- According to the BBC, students could not afford rent as bar and retail work was difficult to find during the height of the Pandemic.
- An average of 3 out of every 4 students applying for funds were successful.
- Visit the BBC website for more information.