Snapchat announces paid subscription service ‘Snapchat Plus’
- Priced at $3.99 a month, the service allows users to change the style of the app’s icon, see who rewatched a story and pin one friend to the top of their chat history.
- However, Snapchat Plus does not remove ads.
- This announcement comes just one month after Snap warned of slowing revenue growth.
- For more on this story, visit the Verge website.
Coroner believes that NHS Mental Health Services are failing young people
- A coroner has ruled that neglect by NHS Mental Health services led to the death of a 14-year-old girl, who died by suicide last year.
- Despite serious concerns for the girl’s mental health and being placed on a high risk ‘red-list’, Robyn Skilton was discharged from NHS mental health services one month before her death.
- In the UK, there has been a 95% increase in young people seeking help from mental health services.
- For more information on this story, go to the Guardian’s website.
Study finds young children identify with political symbols
- 299 children between the ages of 5 and 11 were shown 19 pairs of images and asked to select which image they liked better. These included images of flags, political leaders and political symbols.
- Half of these children came from Catholic backgrounds, and the other half came from Protestant backgrounds.
- Children appeared to prefer symbols and images associated with their own religious and political backgrounds.
- For more information on this study, please visit the BBC website.