Horizon Worlds launches in the UK
- Horizon Worlds will begin rolling out in the UK this week on Quest 2.
- Users can download and begin playing for free, joining those already accessing the service in the US and Canada.
- They have also announced they will be launching new parental supervision tools for it’s Quest VR headsets to help parents protect their children.
- Check out our Guide to Horizon Worlds.
- Learn more about Horizon Worlds on the Tech Radar and Social Media Today’s website.
Instagram launches new parental controls in the UK
- Instagram has launched their new parental controls across the platform in the UK.
- These new controls will begin rolling out to users’ platforms in the coming weeks.
- They include options of setting daily time limits of between 15 minutes and 2 hours.
- Parents can also schedule break times and see accounts their child reports, and why they did so.
- Parents are also now able to invite their children to activate the supervision tools, whereas previously these must have been initiated by the young person.
- Instagram is also trialling a ‘nudge’ feature which will prompt young people to look for different subjects if they are repeatedly viewing the same topics.
- You can read the full story on the BBC website.
Four Met police officers facing investigation over strip search
- The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) have confirmed that four Metropolitan police officers are being investigated for gross misconduct.
- This follows a 15-year-old black schoolgirl being strip-searched while at school.
- The IOPC investigation is examining whether legislation, policies and procedures were followed during the strip-search of the child.
- You can read the full story on the Guardian’s website.