Meta adds voice controls to Horizon Worlds
- Meta (Facebook’s parent company) has enabled voice chat by default in Horizon Worlds, which defaults to live chat with strangers.
- Voice mode will be rolling out in the coming weeks in the US and Canada.
- Users will have the option to disable audio from nearby strangers, including a “garble voices” option.
- Check out our Guide to Horizon Worlds.
- You can read the full story on the Tech Crunch website.
Meta hit with 8 lawsuits
- Meta (Facebook’s parent company) is facing eight new lawsuits in multiple states of the US after a series of complaints accusing the company of exploiting young people for profit.
- The complaints accuse Meta of employing addictive psychological tactics to get people to use their platforms more frequently and failing to protect young and at-risk users.
- The lawsuits claim that users’ prolonged exposure to Meta and its platforms has led to actual or attempted suicides, self-harm, eating disorders, anxiety, depression and among other mental health conditions.
- You can read the full story on the New York Post website.
One in four scam victims is aged 21 to 30
- Young adults are the most likely age group to be scammed in recent months according to Barclays.
- Scams often take place on tech platforms such as social media and dating apps, making younger people particularly susceptible.
- This comes despite many people in this age group feeling confident that it will not happen to them.
- You can read the full story on the Independent’s website.