Microsoft’s new Xbox TV app streams games without a console
- Microsoft is launching its Xbox TV app later this month which would allow Samsung 2022 smart TVs and monitors to play Xbox games without a game console.
- The Xbox TV app will work similarly to Netflix, where users will be able to sign into a Microsoft account in the app and stream Xbox games.
- It is not yet clear whether the partnership will extend to other TVs or older Samsung TV models.
- You can read the full story on The Verge’s website.
‘Abuse, assaults, and big profits’ – children’s homes staff speak out
- Multiple employees of children’s homes run by a company have stated that “vulnerable young people were failed”.
- The company run eight homes, four schools and supported living accommodation in England.
- A BBC investigation uncovered leaked records including ones that show that children had reported being groomed for sex, given alcohol, and assaulted by staff.
- Other records showed allegations of child-on-child sexual abuse and suicide attempts went unreported to Ofsted and claims of inadequate staffing at homes where serious incidents occurred.
- You can read the full story on the BBC’s website.
Child cruelty offences increase by a third in Northern Ireland
- According to PSNI figures, the number of child cruelty and neglect offences in Northern Ireland has increased by a third in a year.
- There were 681 offences recorded in 2021/22, an average of 2 a day, up from 506 in 2020/21.
- 255 of recorded offences involved children aged 6 or younger, 253 with children aged between 6 and 10 and 173 involved children aged 11 to 15-years-old.
- You can read the full story on ITV’s website.