Almost two thirds of children own a smartphone by age 10
- According to Ofcom’s “Online Nation” report, nearly two thirds of children own a smartphone by the age of 10.
- This is despite more than a third reporting seeing something “worrying” or “nasty” online.
- The proportion of smartphone ownership among pre-pubescent children has tripled in six years, rising from 24% in 2015.
- The figures raise concerns about the risks to children, particularly if parents fail to supervise their access to the technology.
- You can read the full story on the Telegraph’s website.
Instagram adds option to pin posts on profile
- Instagram has officially launched its new option to pin posts to user profiles after testing the features for the last few months.
- Users can now pin up to three posts (photos or Reels) to remain at the top of their profile grid.
- A ‘Pin to Your Profile’ option has been added to the three dots function at the top right of any post.
- For more information on staying safe on Instagram, check out our safety card.
- You can read the full story on Social Media Today’s website.
Children’s home houseparent who sexually abused boy granted lifetime anonymity
- A former children’s home houseparent convicted of historical sex offences against an 11-year-old boy has been granted lifetime anonymity.
- He has been sentenced to two years imprisonment suspended for three years for offences committed during 1979 and 1980.
- Permanent anonymity was granted over concerns of potential “vigilante attacks”.
- You can read the full story on Armaghi’s website.