New screenshots highlight how Snapchat’s coming ‘Family Center’ will work
- Images shared by app intelligence company Watchful show how the new Family Center on Snapchat will work.
- The Family Center will enable parents to see who their child is engaging with in the app, who they have added and who they are following.
- There are concerns that this will reduce Snapchat’s appeal to young people, as parents become more aware of the tool.
- You can read the full story on the Social Media Today’s website.
Pandemic has made young people more depressed
- New research measuring the impact of COVID-19 has found the pandemic has left children aged 11 to 15 more depressed and less satisfied with their lives.
- Had the pandemic not occurred, researchers estimate there would be 6% fewer adolescents reporting high depressive symptoms.
- Analyses suggested that the negative impact may have been greater for females than males.
- You can read the full story on the News Anyway’s website.
NI schools to get £400k grant for period products
- Post-primary schools are to get more than £400,000 to provide free period products.
- The Department of Education have confirmed funding for 2022-2023.
- The three-year scheme is meant to address ‘period dignity’ in schools.
- Research from CCEA has also highlighted that periods should be talked about more often in schools to remove the stigma around periods and period poverty.
- You can read the full story on the BBC’s website.