Instagram testing new Stories layout that hides excessive posts
- Instagram Stories is testing a new layout that hides excessive posts.
- Users can currently post 100 Stories at once and this is likely to stay the same after the update.
- The update introduces a ‘Show All’ button that a user must tap after the third story to see the rest.
- You can read the full story on 9 to 5 Mac’s website.
Online Safety Bill fails to stop violence against women and girls
- Charities and women’s organisations claim the current provisions in the Online Safety Bill addressing online violence against women and girls are inadequate.
- They have drafted a code of practice that would focus on the prevention of violence rather than on content takedown and help websites address underlying causes.
- The code includes 13 areas for tech companies to focus on and includes best practice guidance around safety by design, moderation, and victim support.
- You can read the full story on the Independent’s website.
New programme focused on relationship and sex education
- A new programme called ‘Flourish’, focused on relationship and sex education, is to be rolled out in Catholic primary schools across Northern Ireland.
- The programme was launched by the Catholic Schools’ Trustee Service and the Council for Catholic Maintained Schools (CCMS).
- It has been adapted to meet the context and curriculum in NI and aims to “encourage healthy, age-appropriate dialogue in a safe environment”.
- You can read the full story on The Irish News website.