Children’s lives put at risk due to waits for eating disorder care
- Experts warn that children and young people are being put at risk due to the rising numbers waiting for “overstretched and underfunded” eating disorder services.
- Data shows that the number of children and young people waiting for urgent treatment for eating disorders is at a record high.
- In England, 249 under-19s suffering from anorexia and bulimia were on the waiting list for urgent care at the end of March 2022, up from 130 the same time last year.
- You can read the full story on The Belfast Telegraph’s website.
Google will use mobile devices to thwart phishing attacks
- Google has announced new anti-phishing efforts by making it possible to use Android and iOS devices in the same way as security keys.
- Users will be able to use their device’s Bluetooth to verify they are in physical proximity to the device they are trying to log into.
- Google is also expanding the types of Google Prompt challenges that users experience if their login attempts look fraudulent.
- A new challenge will require users to connect their mobile devices to the same Wi-Fi network as the device they are attempting to log into.
- You can read the full story on the Dark Reading website.
Warnings issued over ‘New Profile Pic’ app
- Experts have warned users to be wary of the New Profile Pic app that collects large amounts of personal data.
- It allows users to upload an existing photo to create a profile image in the appearance of a painting or cartoon.
- The app has been installed more than 1 million times.
- Cybersecurity advisors warn that the app is registered in Russia and captures people’s faces in high resolution.
- You can read the full story on the Independent’s website.