Google will let you request fewer ads about weight loss and dating
- Google is expanding its sensitive ad category options to let users limit ads they see about topics like dating, pregnancy, parenting and weight loss.
- The feature was originally introduced to let people see fewer ads on YouTube about gambling and alcohol products.
- These settings will now apply to all of Google’s display network and not just YouTube ads.
- You can read the full story on the Verge’s
Snapchat’s Dress up feature turns your phone into AR shopping mall
- Snapchat announced at its Creator Summit that it is expanding its AR try-on features.
- This will allow users to virtually try on glasses and clothes.
- They are also creating an in-app hub called ‘Dress Up’ in the hopes it will be the future of shopping malls.
- The feature will allow users to try items on, take pictures of how it looks, share it with friends and allow you to purchase the items.
- You can read the full story on the Verge’s website.
Instagram expands live testing of 90 second Reels
- Instagram is expanding the testing of 90-second Reels to more users after announcing the initial test period in February.
- Users will now have the option to create Reels of up to a minute and a half long, an increase of 30 seconds from the current 60-second limit.
- A wider official release date has not been announced yet.
- You can read the full story on the Social Media Today’s website.
Pupil who impersonated teachers loses legal challenge over expulsion from school
- A pupil who impersonated teachers and sent abusive emails to members of staff has lost a legal battle over his expulsion from grammar school.
- The pupil was expelled in December 2020 after gaining access to an online learning system and sending offensive emails to members of staff over a three-month period.
- The pupil also impersonated teachers by sending emails in their names to other colleagues.
- You can read the full story on The Belfast Telegraph’s website.