Discord announce policy updates
- Highlights of these updates include a broader description of how Discord works, features the platform offers and how Discord can be a tailored experience.
- Discord are also updating their informal dispute process and arbitration agreement to be more detailed in how disputes can be resolved.
- Discord are also expanding their community guidelines to give more guidance on financial scams and ban evasion.
- These changes will take effect on March 27th 2023.
- For more on this please see Discord’s website.
Amazon Prime Video to move towards BBFC age ratings after new agreement
- The British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) are supporting the streaming platform to adapt the ratings on its content for UK customers.
- The aim of this agreement is to help provide families with more information to make safe viewing decisions.
- The BBFC will offer Amazon insights into how to use their guidelines and the standards that it uses when classifying film, TV and video content.
- The guidelines are updated every four to five years, with the next review scheduled this year.
- The agreement follows BBFC research conducted by We Are Family, which found that a majority of parents of children and young people themselves wanted consistency with age ratings across services.
- For more on this story, please visit the Independent’s website.
Twitter insiders: we can’t protect users from trolling under Musk
- Twitter insiders have told the BBC they can no longer protect users from trolling, state co-ordinated disinformation and child sexual exploitation.
- This comes following Elon Musk’s new changes and staff layoffs.
- Academic data and information from Twitter users support these allegations in suggesting that hate on the platform is widespread.
- Exclusive data has shown that harassment and trolling have intensified, alongside a 69% increase in users following misogynistic and abusive profiles.
- Internal research by Twitter suggests that safety features have reduced by 60% with “nobody taking care” of this type of work.
- Another insider shared that they are concerned about the cuts to the teams tackling child sexual exploitation, stating that “every day you would be able to identify that sort of material”.
- Musk announced his priorities since his takeover are to champion freedom of expression.
- For the full story, please visit the BBC’s website.