Childline contacted twice a day by children seeking help with alcoholic parent
- Childline has reported being contacted twice a day by children who are seeking support with parental alcohol or drug abuse.
- NSPCC counsellors delivered 633 sessions to children last year across the UK concerned about substance misuse.
- One 15-year-old who contacted Childline said, “I am having a hard time at home. My dad is always drunk and gets quite violent”.
- The figures have been released ahead of Children of Alcoholics week, which begins on Monday.
- For the full story, go to the Yahoo website.
Yubo launches in-app safety campaign for Safer Internet Day 2023
- Yubo has partnered with Childnet and Respect Zone to launch two new online safety campaigns.
- English and French speaking users on Yubo will be encouraged to participate with Safer Internet Day and their in-app swipe campaign for the whole of February.
- The campaign will share information on online safety best practices and how to share personal experiences on online platforms.
- Users can also participate in a quiz created by Childnet which is designed to illustrate real life examples of online harassment.
- To learn more about Yubo, check out our article.
- For the full story, visit the PR NewsWire website.
Lego group aims to tackle online safety with its Play Smart initiative
- The Lego Group has launched a new initiative called Play Smart which aims to tackle online safety by providing children with tips and advice.
- Play Smart aims to empower families and help children stay safe online.
- Guidance includes information about online bullying and how to manage screen time.
- To learn more, go to the Brick Fanatics website.