X will soon let advertisers run ads next to a “curated list” of creators
- X has announced that advertisers will be able to run advertisements next to certain content creators.
- This move will ensure that advertisements do not run next to controversial or offensive content.
- X plans to add the ability for brands to serve ads only on an individual creator’s profile, eliminating the chance of their ads appearing next to controversial posts.
- For more, please visit the Tech Crunch website.
TikTok: Teens educating themselves on skincare trends
- A 13-year-old is using social media to educate herself on the best skincare products.
- Skincare expert Caroline Hirons said it was “fantastic” that children were making “an informed, educated choice.”
- It comes after the British Association for Dermatologists warned potentially harmful active ingredients found in products made for adults can provoke allergies in younger skin.
- For more, please visit the BBC News website.
PSNI says romance fraud cost victims £700k last year in Northern Ireland
- Ahead of Valentine’s Day, the PSNI have issued a warning about romance scams.
- They have received 73 reports of romance scam fraud since April 2023.
- Detective Chief Inspector Ian Wilson stated that it is important that people are aware of how to keep themselves and their money safe from scammers.
- For more, please visit the ITV News website.