‘Blood on your hands’: Mark Zuckerberg among social media bosses grilled over child exploitation concerns
- Social media bosses, including Mark Zuckerberg, were accused of having “blood on [their] hands” at a US hearing.
- Companies were criticised for not doing enough to protect children from being exploited on their platforms, making children susceptible to online predators, eating disorder content, unrealistic beauty standards, and bullying.
- Zuckerberg apologised to the families of children who have been harmed by online content.
- For more, please visit the Sky News website.
Gen Z boys and men more likely than baby boomers to believe feminism harmful, says poll
- A study from King’s College London has found a fifth of men aged 16-29 look favourably on social media influencer Andrew Tate – who is facing charges in Romania of human trafficking, rape and forming a criminal gang to sexually exploit women.
- Tate is also discussed hitting and choking women, claiming to be “absolutely a misogynist”.
- The research found that 37% of men 16-29 years old, consider “toxic masculinity” to be an unhelpful phrase, roughly double the number of young women who do not like it.
- For more, please visit The Guardian website.
Paramilitaries grooming young and preying on single mothers, report finds
- The Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (NIAC) conducted a 22-month long investigation, concluding that the PSNI needs 7,500 officers to tackle paramilitarism.
- They report paramilitary groups exploit single mothers and young people, especially those financially struggling.
- They are calling on the Government or the Executive to audit whether the NI framework for safeguarding children and young people protects those abused by organised crime gangs.
- For more, please visit the Belfast Telegraph website.