AI face-scanning technology to be rolled out at supermarkets to check age of shoppers
- The government is planning to roll out AI face-scanning technology at supermarkets to check the age of shoppers buying alcohol.
- The technology has already been trialled successfully by Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and Co-op.
- The government is consulting on amendments to the Online Safety Act, so it is “explicit about when age verification must take place.”
- For more, please visit the Yahoo News website.
Children contacting Childline about AI-generated online harms, NSPCC says
- Children are contacting Childline about AI-generated child sexual abuse material, the spread of misinformation and bullying.
- The NSPCC and Common Sense Media are partnering to advocate for child safety in AI development.
- NSPCC Chief Executive Sir Peter Wanless reported that risks from unregulated AI is too high, and children’s experiences must be at the centre of conversations about AI regulations.
- For more, please visit the Irish News website.
Twitch announces new deal to pay streamers more
- Twitch is giving streamers a bigger cut of subscription revenue, increasing it from 50% to 60% for those with more than 100 paid subscribers.
- The new system called the Twitch Plus programme, will come into effect in May.
- The move is seen as an attempt to appease streamers and attract new ones to the platform.
- For more, please visit the BBC News website.