Instagram’s new ‘nighttime nudges’ aim to reduce teens’ time on the app
- After 10 minutes on Reels or DMs after 10 PM, teens will see a message suggesting they close the app for better sleep, which cannot be disabled.
- This joins existing features like “Take a Break”, “Quiet Mode” and stricter content limitations announced last week.
- Meta faces scrutiny over child safety from regulators and lawsuits, likely influencing these new features.
- For more, please visit the Tech Crunch website.
TikTok’s Next Generative AI Push Could be AI Facilitated Search In-Stream
- TikTok’s sister app, Douyin, is now experimenting with generative AI to enable users to search for videos and information not just on the app.
- TikTok is already being used as a discovery engine, especially amongst younger users.
- As well as generative AI search TikTok is also experimenting with song creating via AI which could strengthen the platform’s connection with musical trends.
- For more, please visit the Social Media Today website.
Cops investigating sexually explicit messages being sent among schoolkids as young as 12
- Police in Holywood and Lisburn are investigating the sharing of sexually explicit messages among school children as young as 12.
- The PSNI have alerted schools about the content being shared in group chats, which include hundreds of pupils from various schools.
- Parents are being urged to monitor their children’s devices and talk to them about the dangers of inappropriate online content.
- For more, please visit the Belfast Telegraph website.