Cybersecurity expert warns young people to be wary of these two social media platforms
- Cybersecurity expert Tom Gaffney from F-Secure has warned young people to avoid certain online services to avoid their private data being “mined for profit”.
- He has also warned against oversharing on certain platforms which could potentially lead to data leaking.
- Recent research from F-Secure found that only 17% of 16-24-year-olds worry about their data leaking, despite 23% experiencing a data leak within the last year.
- Mr Gaffney warned that parents and young people should be very careful around social media, in particular TikTok and Snapchat.
- For more, please visit the Yahoo News website.
Instagram rolls out new option to share stories with multiple group lists at once
- Instagram is bringing out a new option that will enable users to share a Story with multiple group lists at once.
- This is said to enable users to better curate who sees their updates, in being more selective about who they share certain content with.
- This will be in addition to “Close Friends” lists.
- This new feature now being rolled out to all users.
- For more, please visit the Social Media Today website.
NI children’s commissioner Chris Quinn concerned by school absences
- Chris Quinn, Northern Ireland’s children’s commissioner, reported that he is very concerned about the absenteeism in NI schools.
- He further reported it was a mistake to cut school psychologists and counselling services.
- Mr. Quinn said he was angered by the lack of special needs provision and the families of SEN children were being failed.
- He continued: “I want action, I want to affect change”.
- For more, please visit the BBC News website.
Check out our Online Safety Training for Schools! Head on over to our Safer Schools NI website for more information and to get signed up!